CHL-Training.com is Houston's best value professional concealed handgun license training course! Not only do we teach you an innovating, entertaining Texas Concealed Handgun Licensing course so you can get your CHL, we help you ingrain this important information into your every day life by helping you create your own "Personal Protection Plan". Call us today to get started!
Special Grand Opening Price of Only $85.00 For the Months of August, September & October 2011... a 32% DISCOUNT!
Call (281) 346 - 3067 for our special offers!
Obtaining A Concealed Handgun License in Houston
Before Texas passed a concealed-carry law in 1994, the state had a crime rate 38 percent above the national average. Since the passage of the law, Texas serious crime has plummeted 50 percent faster that of the whole United States. In Switzerland, where all adult males are required to keep guns after their militia training, the homicide rate is 1.7 per 100,000 as opposed to 9 per 100,000 in the US. The facts show that broad weapon ownership is a deterrent to crime. To qualify for a Texas CHL you must meet these criteria:
- Be 21 years old or a member or former member of the armed forces 18 or older
- Not be under a protective order
- Have no criminal history, recent juvenile offenses, or offenses while in the military
- Be of sound mind
- Not be chemically dependent
- Have completed the NICS check
- Not be delinquent in financial obligations, such as child support, student loans, fines, and fees
- Have completed statutory training The Texas Concealed Handgun License training course includes 10 to 15 hours of study, a written examination, and a shooting practical.
The shooting practical requires fifty rounds of slow fire from a handgun .32 caliber or greater at various distances. If you qualify with a semi-automatic you will be certified to carry a semi-automatic or a revolver. If you qualify with a revolver you can only carry a revolver or derringer. The written exam covers law and gun safety, including nonviolent conflict resolution and handgun use and storage. Because you must pass both tests with a minimum of 70% to become certified, most people find it useful or necessary to seek professional assistance to ensure passing.